I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for LISTERINE. I received samples for this review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
Oral care is so important to me. I want my kids to take such good care of their teeth I have a picture posted in their bathroom that says “Only brush the ones you want to keep”. I want to instill a desire in my kids to keep their teeth in good health. I consider myself a health hero in this regard. When the kids wake up and get ready for school, after breakfast I immediately send them to brush their teeth. I think I do much better at this during the week when we have a good routine going. Here’s my tips to get kids to brush more.
1. Make it automatic. As soon as breakfast is done they brush their teeth. As soon as dinner and dessert is done they brush their teeth.
2. Make it easy. Keep a timer in their bathroom so that they can know how long they’ve been brushing. Most recommend 2 minutes.
3. Make it fun. Buy fun toothpastes or toothbrushes to get them brushing and keep them brushing.
4. Make sure you have the right tools. LISTERINE SMARTRINSE mouthwash is available for kids, as well as LISTERINE ULTRACLEAN floss, flossers, and more. My daughter loves to have her own mouthwash and floss. She puts her name on it so everyone knows.
5. Encourage your kids and praise them when they do a great job brushing.
When LISTERINE sent me the samples for us to use it was like a weird tooth fairy Christmas at our house. My girl loves to brush her teeth and use her mouthwash each day. She proudly displays her mouthwash for all to see. My favorite item is the large flosser with extra flossing heads. I love this item. It makes flossing a breeze. My teen grabbed the LISTERINE POCKETPAKS breath freshening strips. It kills 99% of bad breath. He is very aware of fresh breath. So I think he found a new product to love and help him as he goes about his day of working and school. When you are taking care of your teeth your teeth will then take care of you.