Yeah, me too. I can’t believe it’s already time to get them going back to school. Then comes the lunches. This year I’m not sure I’m going to let them buy. The food they serve is so gross. So I’m going to have to think of new things to make for their lunches. Here are 10 ideas I came up with other than pbj.
1. Bacon, lettuce and tomatoe sandwiches. My kids love this and it would be so easy to do.
2. Sushi My boy loves sushi. Once a week I may get them and myself some sushi.
3. Turkey, lettuce, cheese and ranch wraps. This is my girls favorite and it would be so easy to make for her.
4. Homemade granola bars or yogurt with a hard boiled egg and a nice piece of fruit, like a peach and carrots. Yum.
5. Homemade Chili in a thermos with some cheese.
6. Homemade zuppo tuscano soup in a thermos with some crackers.
7. Tuna fish salad on crackers with a small side salad and a piece of string cheese.
8. Homemade tortilla pizzas. Place a whole wheat tortilla in oven with tomato sauce, pepperoni and cheese. Cook for 10 minutes on 350*.
9. Peanut butter (or any nut butter) in a cup with things you can dip like apples, bananas, crackers, etc.
10. Pasta salad or any kind of salad with cooked chicken on top. Add cheese, carrots, tomatoes and dressing and you have a great meal.
What are some items you like to send in your kids lunch boxes? Leave me a comment as I’m always needing new ideas!