- This is a Fashionista Event and a promotional item was provided to me by Coupons.com. Hosts for this event are Still Blonde after all these Years and ModlyChic.
Are you always worried that your computer will get hacked and you will lose everything? Me too! I looked around to find ways for us to keep our computers protected and came up with some great tips.
5 Ways to keep your computer protected during Heartbleed
When these viruses first come out it’s hard not to freak out. It makes me want to ask my kids to not get on my computer. My computer is how I feed my family so if they wipe it out I’m in trouble. Here’s some tips so that we can all rest a bit easier with this latest outbreak.
1. Back up your computer regularly so you are always able to go back to a recent version of what you had on your computer. This is so important. Go do a backup right now! What are you waiting for? Back it up!
2. Only go to trusted sites that your Norton by Symantec tell you are ok. If you’ve not downloaded the latest Norton product make sure you do so and make sure all your antivirus products are up to date. If you are in need of getting the protection offered by Norton By Symantec make sure you download it and get your coupon codes first. I found a $40 off at the coupons.com site. That’s a huge savings.
3. Turn off your computer when you are not using it. Turning off your computer means others can not access it when it’s sitting idle. Yes, people can access your computer just because it is on. Does it happen often, probably not. But more than you think. You can also change your passwords once every three months. Changing them ensures if anyone has gotten access that they lose it as soon as you’ve changed it. So think about changing your passwords more frequently.
4. If a pop up occurs that you’ve never seen before do not trust it. They pop up all the time saying you’ve got a virus and need to download this or that to get it clean. This is how they get access to your computer. My suggestion if a pop up like this does occur to shut your computer down. Immediately. Then run a virus scan and check to make sure nothing got in.
5. Check your social media settings. Make them more private than public. You don’t want people having access to your information like your birthdate, education or work activities. They can use those to make new accounts. So keep everything you can private. This is just a good practice.
Use these 5 Ways to Keep your Computer Protected and use them now!
When new viruses emerge it’s always great to make sure you are as protected as you can be. There’s no need to freak out if you are careful when you are online. Norton can help. What other ways do you use to ensure that your computer stays protected? Share them with me in a comment so I can add them to this post~