When Plateful contacted me about making a new chex mix I jumped all over it. I love chex mix and I love this new chex mix even more then the old one! It was so easy to make and so yummy. I love all the fruit in it. Check out my recipe below and let me know if you make it yourself and what you thought.
- 8 cups Rice chex
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dried banana chips
- 1 pkg (7 oz) dried tropical fruit mix
- 1 jar (3 oz) macadamia nuts
- 3 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/f cup frozen thawed pineapple or orange juice concentrate
- Heat oven to 300*. In ungreased large roasting pan mix cereal, coconut, banana chips, tropical fruit mix and nuts. In 1 qt saucepan heat butter, brown sugar and juice concentrate over medium heat until hot. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Bake uncovered 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container and enjoy!